Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before further using our website or ordering services. By accessing and using our website or by ordering Services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions then you may not access the website or use our Services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by You Film We Edit, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Services are only available to individuals who are at least 18 years old.
- Contact us if you have concerns or questions using our contact form.
You hereby accept the following:
- No Violation of Laws. You agree that you will not, in connection with your use of the Services, violate any applicable law or regulation. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not make available through You Film We Edit, youfilmweedit.com, or our Services, any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity).
- Misuse of Services. You may not connect to or use the Services in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not (a) institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation denial of service attacks, upon our website or otherwise attempt to disrupt the Services or any other person’s use of the Service; or (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to youfilmweedit.com or You Film We Edit, Accounts registered to other persons, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Services.
- Changes. You Film We Edit reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Services following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. You Film We Edit may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through youfilmweedit.com and the Services (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Links to Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and web pages to which this website links, and that link to this website. You Film We Edit does not have any control over external websites and web pages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to an external website or webpage, You Film We Edit does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. You Film We Edit disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of external websites and web pages.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from You Film We Edit to you any You Film We Edit or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with You Film We Edit. You Film We Edit, You Film We Edit, Youfilmweedit.com, the You Film We Edit and You Film We Edit logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Youfilmweedit.com, or the Services are copyright, trademarks or registered trademarks of You Film We Edit or You Film We Edit’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any You Film We Edit or third-party trademarks.
- Termination. You Film We Edit may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement you may simply discontinue using the Services and Youfilmweedit.com. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Services are provided “as is”. You Film We Edit and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither You Film We Edit nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Services or Youfilmweedit.com will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Services and Youfilmweedit.com at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will You Film We Edit, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. You Film We Edit shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless You Film We Edit, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Services or Youfilmweedit.com, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You Film We Edit and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of You Film We Edit, or by the posting by You Film We Edit of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Services will be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You Film We Edit may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
The following terms are incorporated by reference:
Video Production Terms
The following terms of service (hereafter referred to as “Terms”) apply when contracting You Film We Edit to perform video production services (herein referred to as the “Services”) for you, or the entity that you represent. The Services are provided by You Film We Edit LLC (“You Film We Edit”) and are subject to your acceptance, without modification, of the Terms and all other rules and policies that may be included by reference.
Notice of Terms
The Services herein are made only available for lawful purposes, to persons at least 18 years of age. You may only contract Services if you are able to form a binding contract with You Film We Edit and are not a person barred from receiving Services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdictions. If you are accepting these terms on behalf of an organization, company, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. You may only contract video production services from You Film We Edit after accepting these Terms, and only in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
Please read this Agreement carefully before contracting Services. By placing an order via telephone, our website, in person, or by any ordering mechanism developed in the future, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not accept all of the Terms, without modification, then you may not place an order or contract video production services from You Film We Edit. If these Terms are to be considered an offer by You Film We Edit, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
- Contract Services. You Film We Edit is contracted at your directive; therefore you acknowledge and understand that you alone are responsible for the images and audio You Film We Edit records on video. You represent and warrant that you have the authority to record video and audio at your event, at the venue and time described.
- Audio & Video Laws. You are responsible for notifying (i) the venue, (ii) event attendees and guests, (iii) the proper authorities, owners, government officials, agents or representatives and (iv) any other applicable parties that you will be recording video with audio at your event. You will ensure that by contracting You Film We Edit to record video and audio at your event, both you and You Film We Edit are complying with all applicable local, state and US laws.
- Guest & Attendee Video/Audio Notification. You alone are responsible for notifying guests and attendees that you have contracted You Film We Edit to film the event. You represent, warrant and understand that you alone are responsible for notifying guests and attendees that You Film We Edit will be recording video and audio at the event and directing those who wish not to be captured on video or audio to avoid our videographers.
- Copyright & Sharing. You are the sole copyright holder for all video and audio we record. However, since You Film We Edit is all about sharing video, we need certain rights from you to help you share your video. You hereby grant You Film We Edit a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any video and audio we record on your behalf in connection with the services we provide to you.
- Cross-promotion & Portfolio. Unless you’ve explicitly requested a Non-Disclosure Agreement (“NDA”) option, you hereby grant You Film We Edit a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use the video and/or audio we record in portfolio, in promotion or for other marketing purposes.
- Delivery & Specifications. Your videos will be delivered in a digital format. A personal link will be emailed to your email address, allowing you to view and download copies of your videos. The specifications of these digital copies can be found on our specifications page.
Please read over and familiarize yourself with these sales policies prior to purchasing or contracting You Film We Edit.
- Orders Subject to Approval. A Request for Service via our webiste is not automatically approved, and IS NOT A GUARANTEE of price or availability. All Requests for Service (i.e., online orders) must be manually reviewed, and may only be accepted by our personnel. Once a Request for Service has been approved, we will issue an invoice accordingly, and accept your order ONLY upon 100% full payment.
- Refusing Online Orders. We reserve the right to deny any “Request for Service” made through our Online Ordering System for any reason. You understand that due to market conditions, namely supply and demand constraints on the availability of our service, we may waitlist your order if it does not meet a certain dollar amount threshold.
- Automatic Price Estimations. You Film We Edit provides pricing estimates online for the convenience of its customers. However, due to the nature of computers and complexity of video production, automated pricing estimates provided by our website may not reflect the appropriate or relevant pricing for your specific project. Therefore you acknowledge, that based on technical limitations of our website, that pricing listed on our website is, at best, an approximation — and that ONLINE PRICING SHOULD BE NOT BE CONSIDERED A QUOTE, AN ESTIMATE, OR A GUARANTEE.
- Pricing Errors. Computing Errors. While You Film We Edit strives to offer accurate online pricing, you acknowledge that both computer and human errors occur in the automatic computation, and static display, of online pricing. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY REQUESTS DUE TO PRICING ERRORS. Only a real person, representating You Film We Edit, can offer binding quotes and estimates.
- Geographic Limitations. You Film We Edit is an Amsterdam-based video production company. Generally, we accept orders from locations worldwide. However, we reserve the right to reject any order for a geographic area that would be too cumbersome, difficult, unsafe or unprofitable to serve. Please check our Service Area Availability page for more information.
- No Reservations. Availability is on a “first come, first served” basis, and should never be assumed otherwise. No reservations or promises are made unless an order (invoice) has been paid in full.
- Non Payment. Partial Payment. You Film We Edit will only charge you after you have reviewed the final version of your video. 100% of the amount shall be transferred before we send you the final video to your email.
- Payment Plans. Orders over $5,000.00 USD may qualify for special payment terms.
- Schedule Changes. All schedule changes, however small, are subject to a $50.00 schedule change fee. Please know, that schedule changes may be incompatible with our availability — in which case our normal cancellation policy applies.
- Cancellations. All cancellations must be made at least within 24h after creating the project. Any cancellation thereafter will be considered a forfeiture of the full amount.
- Cancellation Fee. All orders are immediately 50% non-refundable. By contracting Services from You Film We Edit, we reserve equipment, videographers and other resources for your event or video production and reduce our availability for other customers.
- Refunds. Services are not refundable once performed. We are only able to refund 50% of the order total when (A) services have not yet been performed AND (B) your order has been cancelled within 24 hours after creating the project. Please note, we reserve our resources for accepted / paid orders, and actively refuse other customer orders during reserved times. This policy prevents overbooking.
- Acts of God. You Film We Edit may terminate this Agreement and suspend fulfillment of all Services, in whole or in part, in the event of acts of God beyond our control, including war, government regulation, terrorism, natural disasters, strikes, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation, or similar emergency beyond our control, making it impossible, illegal, or commercially inadvisable, or which materially affects our ability to perform our obligations under this Agreement in whole or in part.
We may terminate this Agreement, cancel any order, or suspend Services without liability for any one or more of such occurrences listed above or similar, upon notice to you within ten (10) days of such occurrence. Effective Thursday, March 12, 2020 — You Film We Edit considers the COVID-19 Pandemic an event “beyond our control” or “similar emergency” which is beyond our control. Further, the COVID-19 Pandemic and government response has caused significant “curtailment(s) of transportation,” which may or may not impact orders. We are working with customers on a case-by-case basis.
Code of Ethics
Customer satisfaction, privacy, abiding by the law, being respectful, and great service are all important to us. Our videographers, editors, and video production professionals subscribe to this code of ethics upon being hired, and are routinely refreshed during their employment.
Videographer Code of Ethics
- Achieve the highest quality of work at all times.
- Always maintain a cooperative, helpful and positive attitude.
- Always be accurate and honest in the representation of people on camera.
- Document — Never intentionally alter or influence events during filming.
- Do not accept gifts or compensation from others.
- Only film lawfully, and respect the privacy of others.
- If an individual does not wish to be on video, avoid them.
- Be awesome to customers, and thankful for them.
Our editing service involves the archival, storage, and delivery of customer videos. These terms outline our policies and obligations for storing customer videos on our servers.
- Original camera footage is stored for 1 month post delivery. We may, at our sole discretion, store this content indefinitely, but have no obligation to You to store it beyond 31st day after filming. If you require the original footage, you should notify us prior to filming.
- Compressed original footage is stored for 1 month post delivery. We may, at our sole discretion, store this content indefinitely, but have no obligation to You to store it beyond 31 days after filming. We recommend that all customers make backup copies of their videos.
- Restricted Employee Access. We take great care to protect customer videos from being accessed by employees. Generally, employees may only access your videos on a need to know basis, to comply with legal requests, or to perform services that you have explicitly contracted or asked us to perform.
- Datacenter Location. We may transmit your video content to datacenters outside of the United States for backup, delivery to you, or for the purposes of serving customers.
- Backups. We may backup videos, internally or offsite, but have no obligation to do so.
We may have to add a surcharge to your order. This policy describes You Film We Edit’s official procedure for handling special orders due to supply and demand constraints. Special Orders are due to difficulty in (a) staffing employees on certain dates, or (b) high-demand on certain dates. By placing an order, or using our service and website, you agree to these terms.
- Holidays. You Film We Edit considers July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve as “Special Order” dates which require special handling or staffing. We typically charge $59, $99, $199, or $299 depending on the proximity to the date and internal availability of our employee videographers. Alternatively, we may waitlist your order.
- Discretion. All orders falling on, or extending into, Special Order holidays are subject to manual approval and review. We reserve the right to reject any order, and to modify pricing for Special Orders. Normal pricing may not apply.
You Film We Edit and its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including suggestions, proposals, original artwork, or ideas for new products, new promotions, new advertising campaigns, new or improved products and services, feature enhancements, processes, materials, new product names, marketing plans or any other idea (collectively referred to as “Submissions”) in any form. This policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when You Film We Edit products, services, features, or marketing strategies might seem similar, or even identical to, ideas submitted to You Film We Edit. If you submit ideas, despite our request that you do not send us any ideas, the following terms shall apply to your Submissions regardless of what your letter says.
- Terms of Idea Submissions:
You agree that: (1) You Film We Edit has no obligation to keep Submissions confidential; (2) that You Film We Edit shall have no obligation to review the Submission; (3) You Film We Edit may redistribute the Submission, in whole or in part, including their contents, for any purpose and in any way; (4) your Submission and contents therein will automatically become the property of You Film We Edit, without any compensation to you.
- Regarding Feedback:
You Film We Edit does welcome feedback regarding existing products, services, marketing strategies, and current business operations. If you would like to send us your feedback, we simply request that you send it to us using our Contact Form. Please provide only specific feedback about existing areas of business; do not include ideas that would violate You Film We Edit’s Unsolicited Ideas Policy, as we would be unable to accept or consider them.
Any feedback you provide shall be deemed non-confidential. You Film We Edit shall have no obligations concerning the feedback, contractual or otherwise, and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any feedback provided. You Film We Edit shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without any compensation to you.
You Film We Edit Trademark and Brand Usage
This policy is for You Film We Edit licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and any other party wishing to use You Film We Edit’s service marks, trademarks or images in promotional, advertising, instruction, reference materials, or on their website, products, packaging, or labels.
If you are a licensee and you have been provided special brand usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide brand usage guidelines, use these guidelines.
This policy is designed to help you use our brand and assets, including our logo and trademarks, without having to negotiate a separate agreement with You Film We Edit. If you would like to use our logo, service marks, or trademarks in a way that is not covered by this document, you absolutely must contact us with the intended use and any accompanying visuals.
Valuable Intellectual Property Acknowledgement
By following these brand guidelines, you help us protect our valuable intellectual property rights and our brand. By using a You Film We Edit service mark, trademark, trade names, or trade dress, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that You Film We Edit is the sole owner of the trademark and you promise not to interfere with You Film We Edit’s rights in dealing with the trademark, including but not limited to You Film We Edit’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or accompanied by other words, anywhere in the world. Furthermore, by using a You Film We Edit trademark, you agree that you will not misuse or cause harm to any You Film We Edit trademark.
Using the You Film We Edit Logo
At this time, we do not allow the usage of our image logo. If you are writing a news article or a part of a news publication and wish to use our logo, please use our contact form.
You Film We Edit Naming Conventions
You Film We Edit should always be capitalized as a proper noun.
- Do not add “TM” or “(R)” to our name.
- Do not add “Production” or “Productions” to our name.
- You may abbreviate You Film We Edit as YFWE.The abbreviated form should not contain punctuation or spacing.
- Our website should be written as youfilmweedit.com
- Do not label a video made by You Film We Edit as a “You Film We Edit production”. Instead, refer to videos made by us as a You Film We Edit, or a video by Vanilla.
Merchandise and manufactured items
Please note that we do not permit the use of our marks on merchandise.
Naming applications, products and domains
Do not use You Film We Edit in your domain names, software or applications, products, or services in any way whatsoever without the prior written consent of You Film We Edit.
Do not use You Film We Edit or YFWE in relation to photography, videography, photo or video production, or any software, service or product, or website that primarily deals with photos and videos.
Do not copy our visuals, aesthetics, designs, website, or software applications as this could create confusion for our customers, website users, and application users.
You may not use You Film We Edit marks in a disparaging manner.
Endorsement or Sponsorship
You may not use You Film We Edit, or any other You Film We Edit mark, in a manner that would imply affiliation with You Film We Edit, or an endorsement by You Film We Edit, unless you have received explicit written authorization from us to do so.
Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations
You may not use variations of the You Film We Edit logo for any purpose, including the phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a trademark for any purpose.
For example, you may not use “Vanilla Product Name”, “Vanilla Service Name”, or any other variation that may include You Film We Edit or YFWE in prefix, suffix, or as a word part.
You Film We Edit service marks, trademarks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable intellectual property assets. We take the misuse, abuse, and harm of our trademarks seriously.
If you have questions or concerns about You Film We Edit’s legal terms, policies, copyright information, trademark information, or other legal topics, please contact the appropriate person below, or use our legal inquiry form to get in touch with our legal department.
- Privacy Concerns
You Film We Edit
Albert Cuypstraat 212-1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org